• Mon. May 20th, 2024

Firefighters on Cowley Road at bar incident in Oxford

Byoxfordnewspaper

Sep 12, 2022

FIREFIGHTERS were called to an incident at a bar Oxford this morning.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to Elements Bar in Cowley Road at 8.32am.

Two fire appliances attended, from Rewley Road and Slade Park fire stations.

The incident was caused by smoke from a smoke cloak that had been set off.

The crews ventilated the property using pressurised fans and left at 10.04am.

One eyewitness, Kevin Gaughan, saw firefighters going into Elements Bar at approximately 8.45am this morning.

Mr Gaughan added: “I was walking past this morning and saw the fire service smashing through the door with their oxygen masks on.

“There was a huge tube of smoke coming from the door.”

A message from our Editor

Thank you for reading this story and supporting the Oxford Mail.

If you like what we do please consider getting a subscription for the Oxford Mail and in return we’ll give you unrestricted access with less adverts across our website from the latest news, investigations, features, and sport.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok for more.

You can also join the conversation in our Facebook groups: stay ahead of traffic alerts here, keep up to date with the latest from court here, share your favourite memories of Oxford here, get your daily dose of celebrity news here and take some time out with news that will make you smile.

If you’ve got a story for our reporters, send us your news here. You can also list an event for free here.