• Mon. May 27th, 2024

Paedophile Rolf Harris bed-bound at his Thames Valley home

Byoxfordnewspaper

Oct 5, 2022

Disgraced entertainer and convicted child sex offender Rolf Harris is currently relying on ’24 hour care’ at his Thames Valley home following his recent cancer diagnosis.

It has been reported by many national outlets that the 92-year-old, who lives in Bray, Berkshire, is ‘unable to speak’ and can only be fed ‘through a tube’.

READ MORE: Man rushed to hospital following crash involving motorbike and car

It is alleged that the paedophile’s health deteriorated earlier this calendar year when his beloved pet poodle died suddenly.

Rolf Harris during his trail in May/June 2014. He was jailed in July of that year for five years but was released after three (PA)

His wife of 64 years, Alwen Hughes, is also cared for by around-the-clock nurses due to her ongoing battle with Alzheimer’s disease.

The Australian’s neighbour, Portia Wooderson, told the Daily Telegraph: “Only carers and nurses, who care for him 24 hours, come and go.

“I'm told he can't eat anymore.”

READ MORE: Drivers warned of delays as car flips on its roof

Private investigator and author William Merritt also confirmed the news.

He told the Daily Mail: “He's battling cancer of the neck, and gargles when he talks. It's difficult to understand him, but he is still the entertainer.

As soon as one of two people walk into the room, he turns into a big kid again. He's an artistic type, and he'll try to perform on cue, even when he's unwell.”

Harris’ long career in the entertainment, music and television industries came to an abrupt end in March 2013 following his arrest for historical sexual crimes towards children between the 1960s and 1990s.

Rolf Harris (pictured during his trial in 2014) lives in the Thames Valley (PA)

His apprehension was part of the Operation Yewtree saga, which saw famous names during the beforementioned decades get questioned over their behaviour following a string of allegations and reports.

This came to light nearly 18 months after the death of disgraced TV personality Jimmy Savile, who avoided any consequences despite numerous reports being made towards the authorities and establishments he either worked at or visited.

Harris initially denied all wrongdoing and continued to perform across the country until August of that year, after he was arrested for a second time and charged with nine counts of indecent assault during the 1980s.

His trial began nine months later in May 2014 and in June of that year, he was found guilty of all 12 counts of indecent assault.

READ MORE: CCTV images released after man grabs woman's wrists in broad daylight

One of the crimes against the now 92-year-old was that he was in a sexual relationship with one of his daughter’s friends, in which he admitted to the girl’s father in 1997 via a letter that his actions were from a ‘feeling of love and friendship’.

He was jailed for five months years and nine months for his actions in July 2014, with Mr Justice Sweeney telling the sex offender: “You have shown no remorse for your crimes at all.

"Your reputation lies in ruins.

“You have been stripped of your honours.

“But you have nobody to blame but yourself.”

He was released in May 2017 and in November of that year, one of his convictions was overturned.

However, in February 2019, the authorities were contacted after the then 88-year-old was seen on the school grounds at a primary school in Maidenhead.

He avoided being arrested and nothing came from the incident.